Montana Firefighter Testing Consortium
The Big Sky Fire Department (BSFD) is a member of the Montana Firefighter Testing Consortium along with other Montana state fire departments including Belgrade, Billings, Bozeman, Butte, Great Falls, Havre, Helena, Miles City, Lockwood Fire District, Kalispell, Frenchtown Rural Fire, City of Missoula Fire Department and the Missoula Rural Fire District.
For 2021, the Montana Firefighter Testing Consortium has contracted with Public Service Testing (PST) to complete its testing criteria. PST will be offering and hosting both the physical and written portions.
At the conclusion of each year’s testing, applicants who successfully complete the testing may submit applications with any of the participating departments (application deadlines and requirements may vary for each department). Each participating consortium department conducts additional selection processes in conjunction with the testing process.
- A fee is required.
- Register with Public Safety Testing (PST) to complete your required written exam and CPAT. Be sure to select the Montana Firefighter Testing Consortium. Any questions related to the written exam or CPAT should be directed to PST at email@example.com.
- Written exams are offered both in-person and online via PST’s virtual, in-home testing program. In-person written exams will be offered in Great Falls, MT in April and May 2021. CPAT events are offered in WA state as well as in Great Falls, MT in March, April, and May 2021. Visit the PST website for more information about finding a testing site near you.
- If you have never taken a CPAT, we highly encourage you to attend the CPAT Orientation and CPAT Practice Test first. check the PST website as well as the Montana Firefighter Testing Consortium website’s Frequently Asked Questions page for additional information.
- Please note that current COVID-19 protocols do not allow for ride-along opportunities at our department at this time.
- Additional informational items regarding the test and testing process are available on the Public Safety Testing Website.
- Please call the Big Sky Fire Department at 406-995-2100 for any additional questions.
Big Sky Fire Department Career Firefighter EMT/Paramedic Employment Opportunities
- Career Firefighter/EMT and Firefighter/Paramedic candidates are drawn from annual Montana Firefighter Testing Consortium pool. Please select this link (expired; application window is closed for 2021) for the 2021 on-line application and related employment information. The application deadline is May 31, 2021 at 4:00pm Mountain Time.